“You don’t belong to the club, the club belongs to you!”
Sherwood is a private, member owned family health and recreation facility in Greensboro established in 1961. We are conveniently located on the north side of Greensboro at the intersection of North Elm Street and Cone Boulevard. Most of our members live in the nearby neighborhoods of Irving Park, Kirkwood, Browntowne, New Irving Park and Lake Jeanette. However, we do have members from across the city and neighboring communities who take advantage of our year round facilities and our great tennis staff.
With such convenience and community, you’ll be sure know someone at the pool, on the courts or in the clubhouse. There’s lots to do at Sherwood with year round tennis, an established swim program, and family social events.
- 8 Clay Courts, Lighted for Evening Play
- 3 Indoor Clay Courts for year-round play
- Sherwood has the only all clay, year-round tennis facility in the Triad.
Fully equipped with tennis equipment and attire. Racket stringing service is also available. After you are done playing, enjoy watching tennis on the viewing-deck, overlooking the outdoor courts.
- 1 Olympic Size Pool with diving well (2 diving boards) equipped with several shade umbrellas
- 1 Intermediate size pool, perfect for young children to transition from the baby pool and the ‘big pool’
- 1 Baby pool, with cantilever umbrella
If you are interested in joining Sherwood Swim & Racquet Club, please contact the Membership Office at 336-617-4902 or e-mail at email@example.com for further details.